Top 10 Google Rankings:
Now that the November 2012 updates have taken place there are more blog and website owners trying to figure out exactly how to improve their content and links in order to stay in the good graces of google. The changes have been made in large part to provide a more user friendly experience for end users and eliminate spam sites that were made soley for the purpose of gaming the system. I found this cool infographic below that shows the differences in the Panda VS Penguin updates and their impact on the search engine traffic. You can find different opinions on what it now takes to get and maintain Top rankings in Google and the other search engines. More is being written about Authorship and having more of an impact on the sites and content you create. I will be creating a new post based on the articles that I have been reading to help you understand the changes and the things you can do to today to start increasing your authority. It ultimately comes down to creating a unique experience for your visitors and offering them something of value so that they will staay on your site and then come back on a regular basis. You can find articles where they talk about current SEO for 2012 being dead:
” “SEO” means Search Engine Optimization.
There is internal and external SEO. Internal makes up about 15% of the process (I’m told it may be much higher now) and it means to design your site so it follows the best practices proven to rank high on Google. External SEO used to mean to write articles, press releases, blogs, comments, and content with embedded keyword “backlinks” to your site. Now it is changing fast to include social media strategies.
SEO has been traditionally divided into “white hat” or “black hat.” Black Hat is the obvious villainous practice of gaming the system by doing things to raise rankings that Google doesn’t want, and White Hat is just more subtle.
But what does Google want? They want relevant, real content on the internet that people want to read and tell other people about. If Google doesn’t bring you the most relevant content when you search they aren’t doing their job. ” Read more from Ken Crogue at Forbes.com…
I have been demoing several SEO software tools promoting Top 10 Google rankings and wanted to provide some of my insight here. The first one is iBusiness Promoter which has different components on rankings, links, and optimizing your blog or website. You can download a Complete SEO free trial here.
Some of the highlights of iBusiness Promoter:
- Enter your URL that you are wanting to improve rankings and search engine visibility
- Use their keyword suggestion tool to get laser focus on the markets that you should be targeting
- Find their suggestions on blog optimization on what to do now in order to start getting ranked for your keywords
- Rank tracker lets you see what keywords are tracking and which ones are a dead end
- Get high quality backlinks that are Panda compliant and are in line with current (Novemeber 2012) updates
- Lastly you can input the URL’s of your competitors and see what they are doing in order to get to the top of the search engines
- Yahoo’s Exclusion of Inclusion(actionableinsights.covario.com)
- SEOQuickRank.com Announces Official Launch(prweb.com)
- 6 techniques to improve your SEO social indicators(raventools.com)